Interested in joining the Waypost team?
Our focus is not on the next sale. We are not a website factory churning out sites all day and moving on to the next one. We help people grow their businesses. Our clients are long-term partners with whom we work closely in order to help them reach their goals.
At Waypost, you will not be just a cog in the machine. You will matter. The work you will do will matter. The gifts and skills you bring to the table will matter. Any flaws you might have will be opportunities for growth and development. The direction you want to grow in will matter.
It's an exciting time for us right now! We are looking for talented, passionate individuals to bring onto our team. If you think that Waypost sounds like the kind of place you would be a great fit for, fill out our form at the bottom of this page. Even if we don't have the job you're looking for right now, a need could arise at any moment—we don't want to miss out on you!
The Marketing Strategist is tasked with client communication, account management, vendor communication, strategic plan development (to include conducting research and developing quarterly strategies) and developing account opportunities. This key role is vital for client satisfaction, project efficiency, team unity and, ultimately, the longevity of the client relationship.
Waypost thrives on referrals from satisfied clients; the Marketing Strategist directly influences the client’s willingness to say good things about his or her experience with our firm, or to leave dissatisfied and detract from our shared success. Excellent account service will result in wider and deeper client relationships. The health of these relationships not only advances the agency’s mission, but also creates growth opportunities for Waypost team members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strategic engagement with clients to provide high-level marketing recommendations
- Create the vision and marketing strategy for your clients, then work with your team of consultants, copywriters, designers and developers to deliver on that strategy and vision
- Serve as the primary liaison and representative of Waypost for your clients — you are the extension of their team and will be expected to know their business as well as they do
- Assist and empower clients with the results, knowledge, content and tools to not only get their buy-in, but to evangelize their success through their organization
- Become a Waypost and HubSpot process expert
- Execute your clients’ marketing plans proactively in order to meet schedules, performance, and budget goals
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports to highlight wins, areas of improvement and recommendations for future programs
- Stay informed about marketing industry developments and be able to utilize these developments to your clients’ benefit
- 5+ years of proven experience as a marketing strategist or marketing manager with an emphasis on account management, strategic plan development, budget management and project management
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing comprehensive marketing campaigns
- B.S. degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field
- Proven team management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies (e.g. online tools and social media)
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot
- In-depth knowledge of CRM software and Content Management Systems
- Familiarity with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Understanding of web design
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and create campaigns based on customer requirements
- Able to find and assimilate market and customer data into marketing strategies
- Proven relationship building skills and client communication experience
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with digital marketing developments and best practices
We’re looking for an independent graphic designer to partner with us in developing original graphics with high visual impact for our clients. This position will require 4-8 hours of work per week. Work does not need to be completed during normal business hours as long as final deadlines are met.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Mastery of graphic design software
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles
- Ability to work within established brand guidelines
- Great multi-tasking skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills
Applicants must include their resume and a link to their online portfolio. Applications without either of these items will not be considered. A graphic design (or similar) degree is preferred but not required. Consideration of applicants will be primarily based on the strength of their portfolio.