Interested in joining the Waypost team?
At Waypost, you will not be just a cog in the machine. You will matter. The work you will do will matter. The gifts and skills you bring to the table will matter. Any flaws you might have will be opportunities for growth and development. The direction you want to grow in will matter.
It's an exciting time for us right now! We are looking for talented, passionate individuals to bring onto our team. If you think that Waypost sounds like the kind of place you would be a great fit for, fill out our form at the bottom of this page.
The Marketing Strategist is tasked with client communication, account management, vendor communication, strategic plan development (to include conducting research and developing quarterly strategies) and developing account opportunities. This key role is vital for client satisfaction, project efficiency, team unity and, ultimately, the longevity of the client relationship.
Waypost thrives on referrals from satisfied clients; the Marketing Strategist directly influences the client’s willingness to say good things about his or her experience with our firm, or to leave dissatisfied and detract from our shared success. Excellent account service will result in wider and deeper client relationships. The health of these relationships not only advances the agency’s mission, but also creates growth opportunities for Waypost team members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strategic engagement with clients to provide high-level marketing recommendations
- Create the vision and marketing strategy for your clients, then work with your team of consultants, copywriters, designers and developers to deliver on that strategy and vision
- Serve as the primary liaison and representative of Waypost for your clients — you are the extension of their team and will be expected to know their business as well as they do
- Assist and empower clients with the results, knowledge, content and tools to not only get their buy-in, but to evangelize their success through their organization
- Become a Waypost and HubSpot process expert
- Execute your clients’ marketing plans proactively in order to meet schedules, performance, and budget goals
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports to highlight wins, areas of improvement and recommendations for future programs
- Stay informed about marketing industry developments and be able to utilize these developments to your clients’ benefit
- This position is for our Greenville, SC office. Working remotely is not an option.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a marketing strategist or marketing manager with an emphasis on account management, strategic plan development, budget management and project management
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing comprehensive marketing campaigns
- B.S. degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field
- Proven team management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies (e.g. online tools and social media)
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot
- In-depth knowledge of CRM software and Content Management Systems
- Familiarity with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Understanding of web design
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and create campaigns based on customer requirements
- Able to find and assimilate market and customer data into marketing strategies
- Proven relationship building skills and client communication experience
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with digital marketing developments and best practices
We hire interns to join our team for a semester to experience what it's like to work at a marketing agency. Every day is different, with the primary focus being to shadow our team and work on development projects that will make an impact on our clients, employees, and company.
- You will work directly with a Marketing Strategist on projects for existing clients.
- Communicate daily with the Marketing Strategist to support ongoing projects as well as new/unexpected needs as they arise.
- Assist Strategists with planning and coordination of creating, editing, proofreading and promoting monthly email and social media campaigns or researching new social media ideas.
- Conduct research necessary to develop social media and PR materials.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Create content, or work with content creators, to ensure that your client’s messaging stays on brand and communicates well with target personas.
- Draft grammatically accurate, compelling social media posts and other written materials.
- Create basic social media graphics. (Canva)
- You are expected to become familiar with your client’s business, markets, goals, and differentiators.
- Respond to communication with clients quickly and professionally, and coordinate with other team members where needed to get issues resolved or changes made.
- Build and manage a rich content calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- At least 3 years completed of a 4 year degree program in marketing, communications, creative writing, or another comparable major.
- Able to take criticism well and learn from their mistakes.
- Able to communicate to co-workers and clients professionally.
- Ability to work 20 hours per week